Don’t Face Your Addiction Alone
We offer a variety of treatment options and therapies for substance abuse to ensure a safe way to recovery.
Family Therapy and Substance Abuse Treatment
Addiction is a disease that affects entire families, not just individuals. For this reason, we offer a combined plan which includes family therapy and substance abuse treatment. Family therapy sessions will help the individual and their family members in a variety of ways. We will help to ensure the individual and their loved ones:
- Understand the reason for the substance abuse
- Identify the ways in which family life will need to change
- Identify things that triggers the use of alcohol or drugs
- Understand the kind of support the individual will need as you move forward
- Restore communication and trust
- Connect in new and supportive way
At Wellness Center of Palm Beach we also show how some family members may be enabling the individual in unhealthy or unsupportive ways. For family and friends of drug or alcohol addicts, confronting the addiction is one of the most difficult aspects of helping the addicted person seek treatment. Often, over time, daily family involvement has only managed to enable the addict. Family members often do not know how to bring up the issue of substance abuse, and instead choose to ignore the problem simply out of fear.